The school is set in the beautiful surroundings of the Lower Blue Mountains with panoramic views to the south and south-west. Located in Glenbrook, the school serves the parish of St Finbar's, Glenbrook, and draws on students from Lapstone, Glenbrook, Mt Riverview, East Blaxland, Blaxland, Warrimoo and surrounding suburbs.
St Finbar’s is focused on quality learning and teaching targeted to suit each individual student. We are well-resourced, with computers in every classroom and specific multimedia software and facilities to provide an enriching learning environment.
CELEBRATING OUR FAITH
Our school motto is ‘Faith, Truth and Knowledge,’ and we support our students to live out their faith every day, to seek truth in their relationships, and to build on their knowledge of Catholic teaching. Students are encouraged to discover and grow in faith through liturgy and prayer. The daily Gospel readings are read by our Year 6 Religious Education Captains with each class. This provides further leadership and learning opportunities for students and contributes to their discovery and growth. Our Religious Education program, ‘Sharing our Story,’ is linked to the liturgical calendar and the parish-based sacramental program.
NURTURING SOCIAL AWARENESS
Our Foundress, St Mary of the Cross MacKillop said, ‘Never see a need without doing something about it’ and we encourage our students to live out their faith based on these values, through outreach projects such as:
- Father Chris Riley’s Youth Off The Streets
- the annual St Vincent de Paul Christmas Hamper and Winter appeal
- Caritas Australia’s Project Compassion
- Catholic Mission appeals.
SUPPORTING STUDENT WELLBEING
At St Finbar’s we offer a range of programs to support student learning and wellbeing, including:
- specialist teachers working alongside classroom teachers to support students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- a Student Relationship Policy supporting students, parents and staff, in developing and maintaining positive school and home relationships
- a School Counsellor who is available to support students
- a strong parent network that undertakes pastoral care, such as visiting the sick and providing emotional and practical support
- the Seasons for Growth program to support those experiencing grief and loss within our student community.
PURSUING OUR PASSIONS
Our classrooms are filled with budding sports-men and women, as well as speakers and performing artists.
In addition to our academic program, we offer comprehensive extra-curricular opportunities to enhance and develop students’ passions, including:
- cluster and Creative Arts Expo
- Voice of Youth Public Speaking Competition
- studying Japanese and exploring Japanese culture
- Book Week parade
- CAPTIVATE strings program
- Dance Fever offerings of dance and gymnastics
- game coding.
Proud Sporting Tradition
Our proud sporting tradition at St Finbar’s encourages all students to participate in our sporting activities and also helps students to develop their potential to play in representative sports from school level through to national level. There’s a sport to match every child’s passion and talent, including:
- Zone Swimming Championships
- Diocesan sporting activities
- cross country
- touch football
- rugby League
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Catholic Out of School Hours Care (COSHC) at St Finbar's is one of many services available at selected schools in the Diocese of Parramatta offering before and after school care during school terms. Various activities are available for the children at our centres ranging from craft, games, puzzles, cooking, dramatic play, construction and outdoor play.
ENROL YOUR CHILD TODAY
Learn how your child can achieve their best at St Finbar’s through our contemporary learning strategies, flexible classroom spaces and teacher expertise.Take a Virtual Tour Enrol Your Child Today Contact Us